Attorney Representation in Cincinnati, Ohio Since 1982

Cincinnati Divorce Attorney

Cohabitation Agreements

If I live with someone without being married, do I have any of the rights married people do?

No. While you can put provisions in place to provide for your partner if you die, you are not treated the same as married people under the law. For example, if you separate, you are not entitled to an interest in property that is not in your name or spousal support.

Is there an agreement I can make to protect myself with an unmarried partner?

Yes. If you own a home, you can enter into a joint venture agreement providing for how you will contribute to the house expenses and how you will dispose of the house if your relationship ends.

The law office of Cathy R. Cook represents clients throughout
Southwestern Ohio, including those in Cincinnati, Hamilton
County, Clermont County, and Warren County.

Free Consultation by Telephone | Evenings & Weekends by Appointment
Major Credit Cards Accepted