Attorney Representation in Cincinnati, Ohio Since 1982

Cincinnati Divorce Attorney

Grandparent Issues

Do grandparents and other relatives have rights regarding children?

It depends. If the children are in an intact family where the parents are married, no. The parents have total power as to whom the children see. If the parents are divorced, or if the parents are unmarried, a relative may seek visitation through the court. The court must review this request by looking at what is in the best interest of the children. The parents’ wishes is extremely important in this review.

What happens to a parent’s rights if he or she gives custody to a grandparent or other person?

Once a parent relinquishes custody to a non-parent, custody cannot be regained unless the parent demonstrates a change of circumstances of the new custodian or the child.

The law office of Cathy R. Cook represents clients throughout
Southwestern Ohio, including those in Cincinnati, Hamilton
County, Clermont County, and Warren County.

Free Consultation by Telephone | Evenings & Weekends by Appointment
Major Credit Cards Accepted