Attorney Representation in Cincinnati, Ohio Since 1982

Cincinnati Divorce Attorney

Objections and Appeals

What if I am unhappy with the court’s decision?

If your case was decided by a magistrate, you can file objections to the decision and have the judge review the decision and transcript of the hearing to determine if the magistrate’s ruling was correct. If your case was decided by a judge, you can file an appeal to the court of appeals. That court will review the judge’s decision, transcript of the hearing, and your brief stating what you believe the judge did wrong and decide whether the judge was correct or not.

What if my spouse files objections or appeals?

If your spouse challenges the magistrate’s or judge’s ruling, you can challenge it also. Even if you are satisfied with the decision, you may have to present an argument against your spouse’s claims.

Does an objection or appeal delay my divorce?

Objections to a magistrate decision can delay your divorce, as the judge must rule on them before your divorce can be completed. An appeal to the court of appeals from a judge’s decision does not delay your divorce.

The law office of Cathy R. Cook represents clients throughout
Southwestern Ohio, including those in Cincinnati, Hamilton
County, Clermont County, and Warren County.

Free Consultation by Telephone | Evenings & Weekends by Appointment
Major Credit Cards Accepted